About Me

My photo
Just trying to get through life with a little grace and humor... and if that doesn't work... there's always coffee, a good book, wine, chocolate & good friends to keep ya going...

June 10, 2011

Crazy Birds... WTF... Are the birds all suicidal?

OK, I have a question... Have you noticed these freaky ass kamikaze birds? Last week on the very same day I managed to hit a bird who flew in front of my car while taking my Son to school, then that afternoon on the way to pick him up, a freak occurrence had another flying INTO MY CAR! Yes INSIDE... I was doing 55MPH and had my passenger window down about 4". This crazy ass bird flew through the opening, HIT ME IN THE HEAD, & fell behind me into my chair! Do you understand the odds of a bird flying through a 4" opening of a passenger window of a car doing 55MPH?!?! REALLY???  And I was quite proud of myself for the way I handled it with my 2 year old in the car...  No, I didn't scream, or swear like a truck driver... Probably because I am a little nuts and was just pissed that I killed or maimed yet another living thing that day... So instead, I said very loudly at whoever up there has the sick ass sense of humor, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!"  I then found a place to pull over on the side of the road... all the while knowing there is this bird wedged between my seat & my ass... Praying like hell there was no blood & that it was dead because what the hell would I do with a maimed animal?!?!   Thank the powers that be, it was dead, blood free, and actually looked as if it fell asleep sun bathing... no shit... (see photos below.)

Later that day my LP, who had never hit an animal before, called to tell me she hit a bird too!!!    WTF???

And still, even as I type this, these little suckers are playing "Beat the car" or "dive bomb the car" on a daily basis and just this morning had I not slowed quickly, I am quite sure there would be more victims to speak of!!! 
As you can see I took a photo with my cell, because it was just too freaky!! Not to mention when I told the story people would think I had lost my mind had I not provided proof!!!
This shows how far down the window was... Impressive @ 55MPH..
Here is poor "tweety"...  And yes, this is exactly how he ended up...
I was only willing to touch him once to place him gently on the road side.... 
"RIP Tweety"

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!

Namaste' & PEACE OUT!

Franki Lynn







No comments:

Post a Comment