About Me

My photo
Just trying to get through life with a little grace and humor... and if that doesn't work... there's always coffee, a good book, wine, chocolate & good friends to keep ya going...

June 01, 2011

21 day cleanse... get ready for the Bitch + couponing update

Ya so, because I don't feel as if I am going though enough emotional stuff... Why not throw a food cleanse in the mix.  My LP & I have decided to try this 21 day vegan body cleanse by Kathy Freston. She was on Oprah a while back...

Why not... right?  Why not remove the things I use most for emotional comfort and fulfillment... Why not?    Here's how I am choosing to view this...  I am already emotionally screwed up, and bitchy...  so this will be the perfect time to do it and just get it all over with at the same time.  Maybe it will force me to look at the feelings instead of stuffing them with food! hmmmm ... there's an idea!   Also we will be adding treadmill time to our new and improved life plan, and a goal of running in a race this summer.   Again, why not?   She & I plan to blog about it on a joint blog, so I will be setting up another account for that, but will also include it here for your entertainment.  I am sure the first week will be full of peaceful loving thoughts as I give up all coffee, caffeine, meat, sugar, gluten, and basically most every food I love.   Doesn't it sound like fun?   How do I let her talk me into this shit?  She makes it sound like the best adventure EVER!!!  And then ends it with... "It's only 21 days of our however many years of life we live... lets do something good with it! "   So ya... I caved.
It is Wednesday.... 1 day before the cleanse... all I have done for 48 hours is think of all the things I cannot have and freak out that I will have nothing filling to eat the next 21 days.  As of this morning I was in full panic mode as I realized TODAY IS MY LAST CUP OF COFFEE!!!! SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!  OK, now it is a little too real!  I have avoided reading the book because I guess I figured if I read it, that would mean I was going to do it and it would become reality.  Well... unless I want to starve I guess it is time to crack the pages, (Well the kindle that is... no pages needed..)  I have a hubby who is cheering me on and who is even willing to take this crazy train with us.  I guess I had better start meal planning so I can hit the grocery store tonight.  Either that or live on brown rice and oatmeal.... 

As for the coupon thing... I have been trying it a little at a time and had my most successful trip last week.  I saved almost 50% on that trip.  It felt pretty darn good!  I am thinking about biting the bullet and getting the Sunday papers, as well as the Tuesday paper for the coupons and making this into a weekly thing.  I am just scratching the surface of how it all works, and I have YET to figure out how to get a FREE item... but I have hope!  Wish me luck.



Oh ya & I died my hair black cherry... it is purple... yup... purple... weird thing is.  I like it.  :)

That is all for now. I am making up for all the guilt I feel for the long ass break I took from my blog.  I started it for me, but I feel an obligation to those who find there way here & actually like it or find something in it that helps them.




Have a great week!




Namaste' & PEACE OUT!

Franki Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment